The New Orleans Junior Journalism Program is still accepting applications for the Fall 2018 program, which began in September.
To participate in the Junior Journalism program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed the 8th Grade.
- Be enrolled in 9th-12th Grade in a Louisiana public or private K-12 or high school; or be at least 14 years of age with evidence of current home schooling.
- Have secured a letter of recommendation from a sponsoring school administrator (Principal, Vice Principal, Counselor) or teacher.
- Have reliable transportation to the JRNOLA newsroom and events you will cover.
- If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please complete and return the 2018 Application for Participation accompanied by a required 750 word writing sample OR original 750 word essay on “Why I Would Like to be a Junior Journalist”. All students, including those only interested in photography, are required to submit an essay or writing sample (if you are proud of something that you wrote for school, you can submit that).
Any questions may be directed to:
Click HERE to read what past participants have said about us!